Friday, March 13, 2009

Variation in Prayers - Blessings

I'm going to go out on a limb here in saying that I may not be the only one who, at times, gets bored during prayers where the same things are constantly repeated. I've tried mixing it up lately in my personal prayers, and thought my Ward members might also appreciate hearing these ideas. Especially since I usually have great idea.

So, here are some of my new 'blessings' that I'm thankful for (feel free to crib these in your own prayers):

1 - I'm thankful I didn't have to march across the plains. Pushing a cart for five miles last summer on the Ward 'activity' was enough for me. Someone in my group (will remain anonymous) stunk like a bull elephant by mile one, and Sister You-Know-Who's constant singing of hymns left me wanting to exercise the 'laying-on-of-hands,' if you know what I mean.

2 - I'm thankful for Macy's. As the Lord's true grocery store here in Utah, the ability to charge food to the Ward is truly inspired. Not to mention regular free meal samples, and 20 lb whole wheat always in stock.

3 - I'm thankful for time limits in Fast and Testimony meetings. I'll admit - last week was a stretch for me. After a few 10-minute monthly recaps by our well-meaning members, I was wishing I had a spare Xanax.

4 - Speaking of Xanax, I'm thankful for prescription medication. Let's be honest, sometimes we're jealous of the non-LDS who are able to perform some mild self-medication after long days at the office or home. Unfortunately, we're out of luck in the self-med area (unless you count NyQuil). Fortunately, doctors in Utah are understanding of this issue.

5 - I'm thankful that I don't live in Santaquin, even with Gary Coleman.

6 - I'm thankful that Vegas is only a short five hours drive - for the shows and buffets.

7 - I'm thankful that I don't live next to the Wollens with their eight kids and three dogs. Whoops - I guess you all can't use that one!

8 - I'm thankful that we can send our teenage boys off to scout camp for a week at only $40. Best money I've ever spent.

9 - I'm thankful for my good looks and a great sense of humor. (Come see me for approval before using that one).

10 - I'm thankful for the inspiration I received when visiting the new temple in Draper. Did you see those surrounding houses? Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you were inspired by the homes in Draper. Hopefully you will move into one of them! Oops, did I say that?!

    ReplyDelete